Age: I have begun to grumble about younger generations
Hometown: Where ever I hang my hat
My Top Treasure Hunting Tips
1. Develop a perverse joy for getting dirty
2. Don't forget to remove the rocks from your pack, before heading out to the next place, otherwise you get cranky fast, and start feeling older with every rock you collect.
3. Always bring water for the dogs
4. The beauty of a rock is inversely proportionally to the distance you have to carry it and divisible by its weight.
5. There is no such thing as a waste of time, when it comes to looking for rocks
More about me...
How I first got into treasure hunting...It depends on how one defines, "treasure"
My treasure hunting obsession(s): rocks, memories, experiences...shiny things
My most exciting find: the next one
My favorite places to look for treasure: the next place
My favorite treasure hunting techniques: research, research, research, culminating in hours of staring at the "ground"
My treasure hunt toolkit contains: Husband, maps, loupe, rock hammer, chisel\pry bar\wedge, sledge hammer, various type brushes, knife, notebook/pencil, bug juice, Camelbak (3L), gloves, snacks, camera. It depends on time, distance, environment, etc.
I'm presently hunting for...anything that I can outrun and carry back to the truck.
Recommended treasure hunting resources: Research old geology and mining exploration publications, mining claims, geological survey reports, academic publications, among others. Most of this stuff is available for free, either online or through a local library/university. Otherwise, you can find the old stuff really cheap, and it has lots of valuable mineral assessments and exploration information.
The RockHounds: Loki and Zeb
Loki looking for Carlsbad Twins up in the foothills, just north of Mohave, CA. The road in the background was just part of the hike up to the top.
you,ve got some pretty babies there,and i bet they loke long walks hunting rocks l o l,i live in montana and use to have wolves as pets ,they loved going rock hunting with me especialy up the yellowstone river.welcome aboard, we have a great time here when it comes to rocks and other treasures
out of found this valuable.
Do you find this valuable?